Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

I've Been Tagged: Meme!

Whatever that means...

Being Or Nothingness tagged me!

I guess I'm supposed to answer these questions and tag 5 others. Ok, I'm game:

Total Number of Books I own: hmm...200 give or take?
Last Book I Bought: (for me or for ministry? Isn't that just so typical of a youth minsiter?!) Well, for myself: Letters to a Young Catholic by George Weigal-who I just love.
For ministry: Dissent From The Creed by Richard Hogan, Issues of Faith and Morals by Archbishop George Pell, Make It Real, A Practical Resource for Teen-Friendly Evangelization by Frank Mercadante, and As Morning Breaks and Evening Sets by Alonso, Delgatto and Feduccia from St Mary's Press (who make me nervous, but this book looked alright-they'll say "Father" but use "God" instead of "He" but there are some good prayers too)

Last Book I Read: Wow. Hmm...Well, I had to review a bunch of texts for a morality class, but for myself...hmm....probably The New Faithful by Colleen Carroll, one of Bodie Thoene's latest, though I wish she'd hurry up and connect everything together, sheesh.

Books That Have Meant A Lot To Me:
1. Fr Elijah: Excellent Read by Michael O'Brian. His other books are excellent as well.
2. 7 Habits Of Highly Effective Young People (easier to read than the "adult" version)
3. Women In The Priesthood? by Manfred Houke/The Feminist Question by Francis Martin
4. What Do You Do, What Do You Do, What Do You Do With A Shoe? children's book: to my niece!
5. Anything by Weigel or Kreeft. Really, anything.

Sorry I don't have them in links yet. I'm trying to wrap things up here, you know.

And I will tag...let's see...Dom, Take Your Place, Young And Catholic, and...hmm. I need to get more friends.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEYYYY!! *I* gave you Weigel's "Letters" for Christmas, I thought...? Maybe not. ~MB2010

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home