Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I'll Still Be Here

Just thought I'd say I'm gonna stay online. I think that there is a market for Catholic Youth Ministers to connect with each other on a national level. One of my dreams has been to start a Catholic Youth Journal-kind of a cross between the Youth Worker Journal from Youth Specialties and Envoy Magazine. Wouldn't that be a hoot?? If only I knew a thing or two about producing a magazine...

My other dream is to open up those empty convents and form a household type living situation for single people who want support (and maybe cheaper rent) as they serve the Church. Kind of a JVC, but not necessarily only for volunteers, and definately have excellent Catholic formation, for goodness sake. What is up with their lack of it? Maybe it's that whole "Jesuit Thing" ...

Anyway...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that you are staying. I am a Youth Minister in Connecticut (as well as a lawyer) and just stumbled onto your site.

Look forward to stopping by to check things out. You can look at my blog as well.

81reddoor@blogspot.com

Love to hear your thoughts.

Good luck with your current journey!!!

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home