Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Who Is The Savior??

I'm tired. I need a vacation.

I'm quite positive the boss will sign off as I've not taken any vacation time yet this year. But the problem is, I need a vacation from myself.

I've discovered that I often feel like I need to save the world, esp the Catholic world from itself. I know, I know, what hubris. My brain is generally in overdrive when it comes to Church issues, evaluating, contemplating, reading up on, stressing over...notice nowhere there does it say praying over and letting go of.

I think that is a danger when you work for the Church, and maybe even more so for those of us committed to orthodoxy and the beauty of the fullness of the Faith. While those are objectively wonderful, who says I have to save everyone from their sins? Good lord, who is the biggest sinner here? Talk about eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

Sheesh.

I need a vacation.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are hiLARious! - because you're so RIGHT!

Nice to know I have help saving the world (quickly ducks to avoid lightening)

That's why I love the words of St. Peter Julian Eymard: "Of us God demands purity of heart, that purity which is the life of the soul. He wants besides, since we possess no virtues worthy of Him, a deep respect and true humility. Let us say to Him: " Lord I am not worthy to receive Thee. Depart from me, for I am a miserable sinner!" This conviction makes up for our shortcomings. Our Lord is content with it and, when he comes to us, He will give us all that we lack. Let us simply be faithful, humble, and confident. He will do the rest." ~MLB2010

1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home