Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

"Contract Not Going To Be Renewed"

I didn't really have a contract in the first place, but ok...whatever.

The big news is-I'm now job hunting. I was careful to say this because I wanted to tell everyone who needed to know first. But I find myself needing to share and get support.

Thankfully, I have excellent folk who are simply fabulous and call me, are outraged for me, appreciate me, challenge me, and have offered to help me write my resume'.

Or re-write it.

I have to be honest, folks: I'm not sure I want to go back into parish ministry.

I know that I'll stay involved in Church work in some capacity, and most likely with youth. I have a few friends who seem to have it down: Work corporate, then come and go in parish ministry as much or as little as they want and get to do the good stuff: Relationships with the kids, teach Relgious Ed, do trips-and leave when it starts getting ugly.

This is a tough conclusion to come to because I've always believed I'd be 100% Youth Ministry-my job, my ministry, my apostolate. I wondered at times if I hadn't edged out the married life because of my dedication and work. Then again, I very often pray "Lord, save me from myself" and this just might be his way of saving me from myself.

I find it odd that I'm excited about leaving parish ministry. I have a lot of bad things to say against it. But maybe that is why I need a break from it.

I'm mad at the reason for the "letting go". I think it's a farce. But I don't sign the checks. I might get into that more later.

For now, pray for me to hear where God is leading me. I'm open, Lord. Open and ready.

2 Comments:

Blogger TCYM Lounge said...

Thanks Jaime-and it's for such a donkey reason.

It's good to see you again! I wondered where my tormenter was!!

10:19 AM  
Blogger TCYM Lounge said...

uh, yeah. sure...!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home