Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Bigger Things

Do you ever feel that you were meant for bigger things?

Don't get me wrong, I definately know that youth ministry is where I belong, but I sometimes wonder: In what capacity?

I'm going over budget information, writing up check requests, taking bottle emptys to the store for a refund, making post cards to remind kids to show up to a meeting this weekend, writing letters to ask for grants, dealing with office politics and so forth, when I run across former classmates who are doing big things.

Things like publishing book with Christopher West, or speaking around the country or being asked to sing for the Steubenville conferences-and why is it mostly men?

Just wondering if there is something other that I'll get to do someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home