Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Hope In Trials

That is the title of the talk I've chosen for the Youth Ministers' Retreat this coming weekend.

What trials have you experienced? What trials are you experiencing currently?

Where have you seen hope in your ministry? How have you experienced hope in a trial?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Keith Strohm said...

This sounds like a really cool and relevant topic. Good luck on it!!

12:38 PM  
Blogger TCYM Lounge said...

Thanks. I had done it last year. Actually, the more I got thinking about it, the more I really wanted to do it. I know very well what it is like to be a minister and despair, I also know that I get significantly off base when I focus on me, me, me, ohwhoa is me.

Last year I did it with more of a compassionate edge. This year I'm kicking it up a notch. God loves you. Don't you dare forget that.

Hey. Do you think the Catherine of Siena crew would be interested in being a vendor at our conferences? Actually, I'll take that off-line and not bore everyone here....

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home