Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Speaking of Which

I've been asked to speak at the Youth Ministers' Retreat. But I'm not sure what about?

Do you have any ideas?

Right now we have:
John and Lisa Beaulieu: Marriage and Ministry
Bob Rice: Praying with Scripture
Brian Kissinger: Your 1st Year 5 Non-Negotiables
Emily Stimpson: Girls with Eating Disorders
Sr. Marie Therese Iglasias: Developing Your Relationship With Christ
Me: ummmmmm....

Last year I did one on Burnout-what I've been through and how to avoid it. I used Deus Caritas Est quite a bit. I was quite familiar with the topic as well as the recovery involved.

I'm going to have to think and pray. What would you come to hear? What would feed your soul? What are you hearing out there?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Keith Strohm said...

I work a lot on forming youth ministers. I often do a session on utilizing Acts of the Apostles as a blueprint for youth ministry.

I call it Act Up!: Acts of the Apostles as a Blueprint for Ministry.

If you are interested, I could send you my power point presentation.

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about "what makes a 'Catholic' youth group"? As opposed to Young Life or other Christian non-denominational groups that some of our young people attend?

11:14 PM  
Blogger TCYM Lounge said...

Keith, I'll email you. I just started class and am a little overwhelmed. Thanks.

Anon, I could do a whole day seminar on the "Catholic Youth Group". In fact, I'd like to erase that concept from everyone's mind. It's about formation which is daily, not just on Sunday nights. I am more and more adament about this. it's not a program. It's a process.

I think I just found my next post.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Keith Strohm said...

Thanks! I'll wait for your email! Good luck with the school thing.

Keith

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please pray for the confirmation of Our Lady of America and for the success of Our Lady The Immaculate Virgin. Please go to www.oltiv.org and learn what Our Lady has requested of the youth in order to change the world.

WARNING: You will find great articles and some pretty amazing testimonies and photo evidence that may change you forever.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home