Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Insane Talk Titles

John is breathing down my neck, waiting for a talk title. If he could reach in my brain and pull is out, I'm sure he'd prefer. I just can't seem to find what I'm aiming for.

In my punchiness over this, I have come up with these:
Being Outsourced By God
Graced By God
Graced By God The Gardener
Halt You Hoser: Being Graced By God The Gardener
IHNI (I Have No Idea)
INRI (I’m Not Really Interested),
WIMI? (Who Is Most Important?)
I’m Not Sure What I’m Doing
Help! I’m A Youth Minister!!!
Who Said Life Would Be Easy?
The Internal Life of a Minister
The Real Life of a Minister
The Insane Life of a Minister
Why Am I doing This?
Graced and Grouchy
Graced and Grumpy: The Insane Life of a Youth Minister
This is for the birds
It’s My Ministry.
Life-sucking Programs
Life Giving Resources
What does Christ have to do with Ministry?
What in the world are you taking about?
I’m fine, you’re fine
I’m insane
You’re insane
Burnout and You

I have spent the better part of my working day trying to figure it out. That's why these are so bad!! Calgon take me away!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about "Grace and Grouchy" the dwarfs they never talked about.

2:30 PM  
Blogger TCYM Lounge said...

Ah yes, the girl dwarf and her boyfriend. That's why they never mention them, you know...

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Im insane, you're insane"

LOL!! :-)

~Margo

6:07 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

The subtitle of my life right now:
"Graced and Grumpy: The Insane Life of a Youth Minister"
And its only the beginning of the semester...

9:19 PM  
Blogger TCYM Lounge said...

Hey Christopher, will you be able to make it to our Youth Ministers' retreat? Sounds like you may already need some R&R!!

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about "it's a process, not a program!" and give your essentials of integrated youth ministry??
(Silly Woman, do you read your own blog? This seems to be where your passion is.)

8:17 AM  
Blogger TCYM Lounge said...

Carole Brown
Did you just call me a Silly Woman? Oh how well you know me...

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home