Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Teaching Saints

Hey, I need some help.

Have any of you ever taught a class on saints? How would you do it? Have you ever taught a particular or a group of saints? What did you do?

I'm serious here. I'm looking for some wicked creative ideas.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're into the saints, I'd like to recommend checking out the Dead Theologians Society, which is an official youth program that you can sign up for. I use it in my ministry and it's amazing. The kids totally love it!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Nick- I like the idea of helping teens know more about the Saints, but DTS's black hoodies are over the top for me. In my experience with youth ministry, there are enough struggles with "cliques." We've even had some people accuse the youth program of being some kind of cult, which of course it's not. So I wouldn't want to give our critics more ammo (since I want the critics to JOIN the youth ministry). I'm all for talking about the Saints, but the DTS program wouldn't be my choice. But then, you only threw it out there as an option. If it works for some people, then I suppose they should use it.
Having said that, I don't have any crazy, creative ideas on teaching about the Saints - other than a road trip to a saint's former home or site where a saint/martyr was killed, or something like that. Looking forward to reading the suggestions you get.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home