Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Movies and Teaching Saints

Ok, I've got a good handle on my lesson plan. Thanks for the input.

Now, do you have any movie clip ideas that could help impart knowledge about the saints?

I have to do a project for class. The project is to come up with a way to teach saints, a group of saints, one saint. I opted to teach the theology of saints-how the Church determines who a saint is, why we need saints, what saints do for us and the Church, introducing terms such as "Communion of Saints", "dulia" "canon".

I'm not really interested in a particular clip about a saint, unless the movie is far from cheese and is really a fine piece of work. I'm more interested in a clip that shows the theme of the Communion of Saints, or the Intercession of Saints. I have two ideas, but wondered if off the top of your heads you had any other ideas.

Thanks. I'll let you know how the project gets graded!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger TCYM Lounge said...

Well. . . yes and no. I used a lesson plan that I had taught a 9th Grade Rel Ed class with (I made the lesson) but wanted to spruce it up for my Catechetical Methods class. Our work in that class is intended to be for the real world, so...it will be used again some day!

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home