Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Matt Maher Music

Ok, so I went to YouTube and sent a MM video to my blog. It hasn't shown up yet, but when it does, enjoy.

I "stole" (i.e. long-term borrowed) his latest CD "Overflow". I've been stuck on it ever since. I played it all the way home to Michigan-a 5 1/2 hour drive. What I liked most about it was that it was all in praise of God. Lots of Christian music that I've liked also tends towards the self, anything from whoa is me to God is great to me. What I liked about this CD is it's singability and that every single song is directed towards God, even the searching songs.

So there's my post on Matt Maher, Catholic singer/artist/guy.

He also does some of the Steubenville Conferences. I'd tell you which ones, but I can't remember and the Youth Office staff have already left for the day.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Wez said...

I'm a huge Matt Maher fan. Check out his earlier album, "The End and the Beginning". Great Catholic music.

5:51 AM  
Blogger TCYM Lounge said...

I keep meaning to pick up that album. My all time fav song of his is Love Has Come from that album. They frequently sing it here and I love it!!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Wez said...

Love has Come is the song that got me to buy the album. The rest of it was a great surprise. :-) A great mix and balance of music (I love the Agnus Dei).

And the title song... The End and the Beginning... is simply phenomenal. Just hearing that intro gives me shivers every time. Any song that includes 'Transubstantiation' in the lyrics is at the top of my list.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home