Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I'm Ba-a-a-ack!

But feeling under the weather today.

I went for an interview at a rather prestigious place. Well, in our little Catholic World, that is.
I went to interview at Franciscan University of Steubenville in their conference office. It was a long drive and a long day, but a rather great day. I was astounded that they wanted to interview little ol' me.

I first talked with the HR director, and then met with the Executive Director of Christian Outreach who is just the kind of boss everyone would love to work for. Also there was the director for all of the youth conferences. We began the interview in prayer and intercession and began to talk. Talked all the way until noon Mass, went to Mass, went to lunch, continued the interview, which finished with prayer as well, then back to HR and then I was done.

The best thing about an interview like this is the intense discernment that goes into who will be hired, as well as the encouragement to continue praying on my end-which I've been doing for several days now. It would be a huge step to be there with huge responsibilities. I could do the job-but I'm not sure I'm being asked by the Lord to make it my next move.

All in all it was a remarkable and peaceful experience.

Oh, and for those of you who know Bobby Rice well, he's "Professor Rice" now! He teaching catechetics and as I understand, assisting with the Youth Ministry track that is undersay there at FUS. Way to go Bob!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home