Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Speaking Of Education...

A very big opportunity might present itself before me. Wow. I never expected the Lord to put this in front of me.

And he may yet close the door, but I've decided that I will walk through each door that opens hoping that he will close all doors where I'm not supposed to be.

As most of you know I was ridiculously let go from my last job as youth minister for a parish of 1500. Since then I have been staying with some absolutely generous and gracious folks and job hunting. I look at it this way:

1. I could get married: This would require a serious relationship that I am not in right now. But my good friends keep saying "We want you to meet this really great Catholic guy...". But not being in the immediate future, I'm looking a little harder at

2. I could get a job.
And under that heading is two headings:

a. I could get a job working for the church-but not in parish ministry
b. I could get a job working in the corporate world and do parish ministry as a voluteer and side step all the politics and gar-bagze

I just got called for an interview from a place that I absolutly did not sense that God was calling me too. I had a hard time writing the cover letter and was quite doubtful I'd get any call from them. I am honored to get the call and it may well turn out that after listening to the Lord we both decide I'm not the one for the job. That's what the interview is for, after all.

So say a prayer for me as I discern where the Lord wants me next.

2 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

I don't know how to tell you other than to say that when God calls, you will know, and you will know where to go.

5:20 PM  
Blogger TCYM Lounge said...

thanks, derek-though it's in the "you will know" that I'm finding myself a bit, well, "challenged". It's a funny thing, the voice of the Lord. I do have to drive quite a distace to get to this interview (as in 5 hours) so I will have plenty of time to listen. As long as I don't crank up my U2 to loudly...

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home