Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Entering The World Of Teenagers

I really liked this article by YouthSpecialties. I have to admit, one of my biggest struggles is going to an event or to their school alone. Who wants to hang out with the loner? Funny, though, that's not how they see it, especially after I leap over that fear (with a prayer for grace to do so) and go up and speak to a student I know and introduce myself to their friends. At first they might be like "oh my Gaaaaaahd!" then, suddenly, they see that their friends like me...and it's all good. But that first leap----eeeek!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home