Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

History Lesson

I had asked about history resources below and I went and did a bit of investigating. I will put these titles on the sidebar as well. The books I'm using are "The Compact History of the Catholic Church" by the esteemed Dr Alan Schreck, "The Catholic Church: The first 2000 Years. A popular survey and study guide to Church History" by Martha Rasmussen, and "What Were The Crusades" by Jonathon Riley-Smith. I also found a great book on Heresies, "Dissent From The Creed: Heresies Past And Present" by Richard Hogan.

Of course I would be remiss if I didn't not mention Hilaire Belloc. He's a bit old school to read, but quite excellent. He has several books out. (I say that as if he were still alive and doing a book signing down at Barnes and Noble).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home