Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Friday, March 07, 2008

A Truly Great Moment in Ministry

So there's some good days in ministry and then there's some GREAT days. Today was one of those great days....

As many of you know, Our Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI is coming to Washington, DC in mid April. Getting tickets for the mass to be said at the Nationals Stadium has been quiet the production. Because I'm a staff member, my pastor has graciously given each of us a ticket as well as a ticket for a person of our choice, but I don't get an extra ticket.

I get three: to take three teens from my ministry with me to the Papal Mass! Woah. I got to call them today and let them know that they had been selected for the mass. The reactions were great..by far, my favorite was the silence on the other line and sheer Oh my gosh! I was amazing.

I'm so blessed to be seeing the Pope in person, much less to be able to watch three kids' lives be transformed by their seeing the Pope. This is what makes ministry worth it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Do you live near Washington DC? I live in Minnesota, and the tickets are a bit harder to come by for us, let alone transportation and such.

I hope seeing the Holy Father and hearing him speak really motivate your teens (and you!). What an awesome experience!

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's 'his' holiness, not ours.

4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home