Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Monday, February 25, 2008

another day in paradise

Sorry for not posting lately: Here's a little tidbit into the insanity.


Some days in youth ministry are harder than others. Today was one of those days. Let's just say I left the office at 12 am and that wasn't even the end of the day. Here I sit at 1:36 am pouring over what to do with a huge headache.

Why does your heart have to break in ministry? Obviously, I know this answer, but no amount of school helps you to understand this.

I promise the whole scoop later, cause really, I'll need your advice. But for now, pray for me that I can come to understand why any teenager would think it'd be okay to take keys from an office, sneak into a gym and play basketball after I've said no.

Thanks for the prayers, I'm about to scream.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger The jist... said...

I feel your pain - I caught my CYO basketball team in the gym last week at 2am in the morning. Apparently the volunteer coach thought it would be okay to loan out his keys. The ironic thing was that I could ID them off the video because they took the time to wave at the security camera! Brillant!

10:22 PM  
Blogger Jen Brown said...

WHY do they test us!
My first youth group I took to a big archdiocesan event and they really tried-esp one girl-to do everything they could to pull one over on me. Put honey on the door knobs, hide my luggage, pretend they didn't hear me...yeah. Fortunately the girl, afterwards said she was sorry, she just wanted to see how far I'd go. She didn't think my patience would outlast her pranks. She ended up being one of my best kids.

You have my prayers!

10:28 PM  
Blogger Em said...

Thank you for the prayers. What did you do olphyouth?

10:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've gotta admit, my kids have been a breeze this year, however I know better than to think it will be this way forever. I remember all the pranks and key stealings I did back in high school, which I thought at the time were innocent and harmless. I figured it wouldn't matter as long as I wasn't destructive, and eventually returned the keys (after I made copies).

Now that I'm in ministry, I definately see the potential danger in it. I must admit though, I have not forgotten the "innocent reasons" people try to do things like this, so I sympathize with both sides. I hope everything turns out okay, and you definately have my prayers.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home