Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Welcome CurtJester ClubFans!

Welcome all you who have stopped in from The Curt Jesters' blog! If you come often you'll find that while I try to stick to Youth Ministry and Religious Ed topics I find myself telling stories that embarrass myself. I don't know why I do that.

I often found in parish work that there wasn't anywhere to go and bang my head against the wall-so I created this blog for youth minister types. It's like the teachers' lounge-yknow, they go in there, smoke, drink coffee, complain about the administration, update each other on kids, their families, share what works for them in the classroom...a place to say "I get what you're going through, Here's some ideas, let's keep each other going".

So, come, relax, put your feet up. Share your trials and joys of ministry here. Come back-and bring others with you!

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura H. said...

I am so glad the Curt Jester posted this... *sigh* what a relief! I am not our youth minister but I have had it up to HERE *puts hand parrallel to top of head* with our youth program. 3 years I've been dealing but I can't take it anymore!

Enough rant... time to enjoy this blog!

4:02 PM  
Blogger TCYM Lounge said...

Welcome! Delighted you stopped by!

I'm guessing your YM might not enjoy this spot, but you never know. Or come here and rant again.

Are you one of the volunteers?

4:34 PM  
Blogger Laura H. said...

Yes. Former youth, presently a volunteer. I'm going to school for nursing but my dream has been to work in youth ministry. Perhaps I will make enough working as a nurse that I can study more and be a YM by the time I'm 27 or so. :)

11:16 AM  
Blogger TCYM Lounge said...

Well whaddaya doin' in nursing?!

We need good nurses too...and I'm sure the pay is better.

If you aren't too far from Steubenville they are having a Youth Ministry track as part of their Bosco Conference in July. Check out the website through the banner on this side there. (gee, that's gud english there)

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home