Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Monday, February 13, 2006

You Love What Mass?

Has anyone seen the bumper sticker that says "I <3 the Latin Mass" or I love the Latin Mass-?

I get so annoyed with that. What if I put on my car "I love the Charismatic Mass", boy would a lot of traditionalists get on my case.

I guess what bothers me about it is to me it is divisive: We love THE Mass. A legitmate Mass is a legitimate Mass. Is the priest saying all the things he should and are we doing what we are doing? Chances are it's a legit Mass. You may not like the songs or that the word "he" is treated like the plague when referencing God, but it's still the Mass.

And we all should love "THE Mass".

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I <3 the Mass!
Thanks for your wonderful BLOG.
God bless you.
Karen

10:16 PM  
Blogger TCYM Lounge said...

Me too! Thanks for stopping in! (PS spread it around to any youth minister types-I'd LOVE to have more discussion and be a place for them to chill-like the teachers' lounge!!)

8:31 AM  
Blogger Muriel said...

No I haven't seen it.
I love the mass too, whatever rite it is, provided it is reverent and is free from liturgical abuses. Unfortunately, most Pauline masses contain liturgical abuses, particularly the "charismatic mass". You would be surprised how many non traditional Catholics loathe these. (abuses) The Catholic world is not divided between traddies and modernists. The "legit mass" may be good enough for you; I happen to prefer a holy mass WITHOUT liturgical abuses.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home