Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Good Morning...Confusion

I was late to work the other morning. But it was an honest mistake. Really!

The day before, I had bumped my alarm clock and unknowingly unplugged it. That evening, when I went to plug it back in, I, of course, had to reset the time. So I set it.

The next morning, when my alarm went off I saw that I had a few minutes to roll around. Besides, what if my roomate still needs the bathroom? I can stay in my warm bed for awhile.

...hmmm. That sounds like my roomate on the stairs. Going down the stairs. That sounds like our front door opening and closing. Hm. Why is she going out so early in the morning? I thought she already worked her early shift. Ok. Guess I should shower.

Hm, hm. nice shower. Begin to get ready. Why is it so sunny out? Maybe it's just a sunny morning. Gosh, the sun is nice. A little bright and annoying as I'm trying to do my makeup, sheesh. I need to get shades for this window.

Need coffee. mmm. Love Coffee. Coffee's GUUD. hm, hm. Get to coffee machine, hear other roomate who, generally, isn't up when I make the coffee. That's odd. Get coffee out of freezer, turn towards sink with clock above it and ACK! I'M SUPPOSED TO BE AT WORK IN 20 MINUTES!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO THE TI-

D'oh.
hmmmmmmm

What time did I set my clock for? Who confuses 7 with 8??

Needless to say, it was a bad hair day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, that's *really* funny b/c Wednesday morning, I (for the 2nd time in 10 days) slept through my alarm, and didn't get out of bed until 1:40:00 after I meant to.

Your mistake is funnier, tho - classic honest mistake.

~MB3411/2010

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home