Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Proud2BCatholic Concert

If you are anywhere on the Northeast shorline, go to to THIS EVENT. Pete (Dom's brother in law, BTW) has done an outstanding job of getting these events off the ground. I went to some of the earlier concerts and they have stayed with this and it is a great success.

Check out the other concert dates as well. Proud2BCatholic is an excellent concert master and you and your kids will NOT be dissappointed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

I'm all for creative and energetic youth ministry. I just wish they would consider using a different name. I wonder how a non-Catholic (particularly a member of another Christian denomination) reacts to a t-shirt or button that says "Proud to Be Catholic"? I can't imagine it does anything to encourage unity with our brothers and sisters. I think it's more likely they will be put off. What message are we sending them (whether intended or not)? What message are we sending our Catholic teens about sensitivity? For at least some, I think the "Proud to be Catholic" theme can promote a feeling of superiority (I've seen it happen), and that's not healthy or in line with the true heart of Christ. I know the intentions behind the name are all good - but I don't think it outweighs the negatives.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home