Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

It's A Beautiful Day

I still mourn Papa JPII. I miss having him leading us here on earth-not that our German Shepherd isn't enough, I just miss the Papa we had for so many years.
However, I also know what a day when he could finally leave his excellent service here on earth for an eternity of all that he had been trying to explain to us. With that in mind, I'm sitting here at the computer listening to U2 and thinking about how similar Bono and Pope John Paul II were: courageous, bold, charismatic, inviting, challenging, purposeful, insistant on change for the better...so I'm listening to U2 and give my tribute to my hero, my teacher, our papa.
The heart is a bloom, shoots up through stony ground
But there's no room, no space to rent in this town
You're out of luck and the reason that you had to care,
The traffic is stuck and you're not moving anywhere.
You thought you’d found a friend to take you out of this place
Someone you could lend a hand in return for grace
It's a beautiful day, the sky falls
And you feel like it's a beautiful day
It’s a beautiful day
Don’t let it get away
Touch me, take me to that other place
Teach me, I know I’m not a hopeless case
GRACE
What once was hurt
What once was friction
What left a mark
No longer stings
Because Grace makes beauty
Out of ugly things
Grace makes beauty out of ugly things

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! A friend is in Rome studying for the year, and not only is she a huge fan of All Things Catholic and All Things Beautiful, she's also a great photographer. And, happily for the rest of us, she's been keeping a blog of her life in Rome. She put up one picture of JPII's tomb, but will be putting up more JPII pictures tomorrow. Her blog is called "Roaming Roman;" here's the link: http://roamingroman.blogspot.com/

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roaming Roman is one of my favorite places to visit.

I love that you compared Bono to JPII. Love it.

God bless,
Christina

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home