Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Pray For Life: 33 Years And Counting

We need to pray for life to be valued in this country at all stages at all times. This weekend and week we particularly pray for the victims of abortion, the mothers, the fathers, the families, even a conversion of heart for all those who promote abortion, who provide them and who give money so that this evil continues.

I came across this recently and I found it amazing.
I am Norma McCorvey. I became known as Jane Roe on January 22, 1973 when the U.S. Supreme Court released the Roe v. Wade decision which created a woman's right to abortion". I am now a child of God, a new creature in Christ; I am forgiven and redeemed. Today I publicly recant my involvement in the tragedy of abortion. I humbly ask forgiveness of the millions of women and unborn babies who have experienced the violence of abortion. In this place of healing, the National Memorial for the Unborn, I stand with those who honor the worth of every unborn child as created in the image of God. I will strive, in the name of Jesus, to end this holocaust."


Also, read this article and it gives hope.

Check your local stations to see if they are reporting anything (newspapers as well) and if they aren't ask them why. And ask them why they insist on referring to us as "anti-abortion rights" people. Why can they not bring themselves to say "Pro-Life?".

Take this opportunity to share with the kids about the truth of Jesus Christ. Ask them if they saw anything on the news about it. Be bold in sharing with them what it all means.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home