Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

A Mind All Their Own

I don't think computer tech guys live in our world-or think like the rest of us. I'm sorry, there it is.

The place where I work has decided it is ok for the entire system to be down for two full weeks. I have not been able to email or blog or do any kind of internet research whatsoever-unless I come down to the local library and get things done-which is where I am today.

No place of business would find this acceptable in the least. One of my friends who works for a web-hosting company can't believe taht this is going on.

Today one of the computer guys came to check out my computer and for some unkonwn reason now I need a new computer keyboard. Funny-it worked just fine before he walked in the door. Now I have no computer keyboard, no email and no internet.

So then a new guy came up and tried to install a new keyboard, and when he turned on my computer it said "No operating system". That's it. Nothing. Nada. As in your computer is now mash potatoes.

In a completely unrelated story I went home for lunch today and in my mail was a bill from the gas company for $750. Please tell me how I spent $21.00 a day in gas when I live alone. And last month's bill was $172. Please tell me that there is something in the air today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home