Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

What Did I Just Do???

I'm an adult, but sometimes the things I do scare the bejeezus outta me.

I left a message for one of the parents who I have been in conflict since our first conversation and invited her to lunch. It gets worse: She accepted. Holy Cow!

I have no idea how our conversation will go. Do we rehash the past? This may work so that we have a clearer understanding of each others' version of the past, or is may work to further the canyon that exists and both of us leave angry. Do we just say "Fresh Start!" and get to know one another so as to give the other the benefit of the doubt in the future?

I'm not sure. And to make matters worse, her granddaddy gives a substantial amount to the parish. Funny how I didn't have these arguements when I was working inner city.

*sigh* I'll be praying a lot these next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home