Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Roma!

Yes, I'm taking myself on a vacation. As you all know, working for the Church rarely affords you the cash to do a major trip like this. AND we tend to work ourselves to the bone and never take a retreat or time off or even comp time.

Am I talkin' to the right crowd??

All of the above is me. While I miss ministry so very very much, there is a real freedom in a 8-5 job (with hour lunch breaks!!). I've saved a little nest egg and am going to go blow it!

PS If you ever travel to Italy and want to stay in a convent or monastery, use www.monasterystays.com. They are not a travel agent, but a little business that helps travelers find places to stay in monasterys (let me tell you how much i've mispelled that word!). I found a great place about 5 miles outside of the Vatican for only $30 a night! You already know how much I enjoy spending money *ack!*.

So, blogging will be sparse. I may ask someone to fill in for me.

Actually, I'm looking for someone who has been in youth ministry a long time to join the club. If you are interested, shoot me an email at catholicyouthministers@hotmail.com.

Blessings!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

Yay for vacations! I'm looking at going from Youth Ministry into Parochial School Education... so I'm in the same boat when it comes to affording vacations.
The tip about the monastery stay, that is brilliant.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home