Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

New Youth Minister Blogging!!

As some of you know, I have been hoping to get some active youth ministers on board to start blogging. It is with great joy and anticipation that I introduce Em!

Em is just beginning her career in youth ministry. What I love about her is that she is doing it because she loves youth, not just because hey, what else ya gonna do with that theology degree? No, she really has a heart for youth-and they for her.

She is gregarious, charming, and very loving. She has an inordinate love of cows and has never heard the song "I'm Proud To Be An American" even though she grew up barely a 1/2 hour from the Nation's capital. Not shy, she is also very real about life and is a well grounded woman. She loves Jesus Christ with all of her heard and is awed by the chance to share that love with others.

Oh, and PS til we figure out how to actually add her with her own name, the post below really is from her. Not me, TCYM Lounge.

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our new blogger!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Keith Strohm said...

Welcome Em! I have had TCYM linked to my blog for several years now (wow...has it been that long). I look forward to your contributions!

God bless

10:57 AM  
Blogger Em said...

For the record, I don't know Neil Diamond's "They're Coming to America". I know "They're proud to be an American", in fact we choerographed an entire dance to it when I was 11 in a friend's drive way.

Thanks for the kind welcome Keith!

12:05 PM  
Blogger danxtgenrazn said...

How do I become a blogger with TCYM?? I run first year confirmation class @ my parish and also head up the CORE team for Lifeteen. Please email me @ danxtgenrazn@gmail.com

6:58 PM  
Blogger TCYM Lounge said...

Hi danxtgenerazn,

I'm going to reply here so that others can see.

I'm interested in having others who are in full time ministry join the blogging team. However, I'd like to know more about who they are, their opinions on stuff that is posted, generally, get to know them a little more.

For instance, I know em because we are in class together and being two of three youth ministers in the class, we often "talk shop". I know where she is coming from, her relationship with God is solid and growing and she has a heart for youth.

So, in short, the big thing is getting to know potential bloggers. I'm committed to excellence in ministry and expect the same from other ministers and bloggers.

Hope this helps, and I hope we see you around a lot!!

Blessings!

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home