Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Prayer Needed

THIS is the exact reason why I started this blog:

I just have to tell you that this (on cutting)post was so helpful to me. When I got to work in the morning I had an email from a kid asking if we could talk later in the day. I of course said sure. Then in the course of the day I saw this post of yours and I knew instantly that this kid wanted to tell me she was cutting (even though I had no
reason to suspect it). While I was familiar with cutting reading the article a few hours before talking to her really helped. Thanks and please pray for this student as she has a lot of brokeness and pain in her life.

Stop for a moment and pray for our fellow minister and for his young person. For Grace, for wisdom, for strength, for the Holy Spirit to come and work through this youth minister and for the kid to find Christ in the midst of his or her pain.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for all of your prayers.

10:43 AM  
Blogger TCYM Lounge said...

You are welcome! We gotta support each other in this biz.

How did it go? (if you don't mind me asking)

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have met with the student one other time and she agreed to tell her gaurdian (she does not live with her parents) tonight about the cutting. So they are coming by my office because the student does not want to tell her gaurdian by herself. Please continue to pray for all three of us!

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home