Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Sunday, August 21, 2005

World Youth Day

I know it might seem odd for aYouth Ministry blog to not talk much about World Youth Day-but what else is there to say?

If I were there I'd blog like Tim over at Young And Catholic. Amy has had loads as well. And it's all over teh Catholic World what is going on...so...go check out those who are there and the official site.

I will say that World Youth Day is vital to the health and well-being of Catholic Youth. I don't quite agree with the Europeans who see WYD as being for 18-30 year olds, I think those in High School would do well to be there as well.

Why? Becuase there is something striking to an impressionable young person that this great man, this world leader, our Father in the Faith wants to come to us. That's what blew my mind when I went as a young person-this incredibly busy and much sought after man wanted to spend time with US! Us kids! That was SO totally cool!!

It's been a bit tough for me to watch WYD as I miss Papa JPII quite a bit. But the really cool thing is that I can talk to him anytime and his buddy, Benedict XVI is willing to keep this important date with the youth of the world.

May God bless all of the youth who traveled to Germany, that they bring back the fervor they experienced there, that they bring back to their parishes the love of the Eucharist, the intimacy of the liturgies, and the seeking of the Sacrament of Reconciliation that the Holy Father talked about at the closing Mass:

Anyone who has discovered Christ must lead others to him...Let others see this, let the world see it, since this is exactly the witness that the world expects from the disciples of Jesus Christ; in this way, and through your love above all, the world will be able to discover the star that we follow as believers. (full text here)

Amen!

2 Comments:

Blogger Audrey Yu said...

I think WYD is for everyone who's young in heart, not just limited for 18-30. I missed PJP II too... I thought I could meet him during my first WYD trip but then... *sigh* I wish and pray that I will be there for the next WYD, God willing.

2:29 AM  
Blogger TCYM Lounge said...

Yeah, I'm really hoping to get to Australia in two years.

In regards to PJPII it has dawned on me that while I can't hug him and look him in the eye like I've always wanted to, I can talk to him any time I want to! In a way he's still with us, it's just we all have access to him. I ask for his help all the time. But I still wish I coulda seen him when he was on Earth-here's to gettin' to heaven!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home