Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Never, NEVER Get It Wrong

Have you ever sent something out to all students with a wrong date?

oooops.

Boy, you should hear the phone calls I've been getting. This is quite a lesson to me-both about my work and the parish.

When I was doing inner-city work no one really cared. Heck, even if I gave a time they'd either show up early and hang out or meet us later because we took the subway and busses everywhere. No one griped if we changed the time or made a mistake. They were just happy that we were there and cared.

Not so in the upper crust suburban life. I have to mind my P's & Q's. Even my secretary gave me the evil eye!!

OOps.
!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home