Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Monday, November 21, 2005

We All Know He's There...

In the past few months since John Paul II has died I began to realize that I no longer have to mourn never getting to meet my hero: I can talk to him directly and beg him for intercession. I truly believe that he is getting even more work done up there than he ever did down here (we all know what that says) so why not make ourselves available to his intercession?

This is a prayer that I've been using quite often lately:

Dear John Paul II, Papa
You were the spiritual director of my formation. You inspired countless youth to live the ideal, to do something great with our lives
and not be ground down by mediocrity.
You instructed us that our dream of happiness was only found in Jesus,
that nothing else will satisfy or satiate our thirst for fullness.
Pray for me, I beg, as a faithful daughter/son for guidance and direction.
Intercede for me to the Father for direction in my life.
I choose not mediocrity or staleness, but joy, hope, and faith.
Guide me in my choices, bring to mind those things to pursue
and those things to leave behind.
I wish only to be a humble servant, following the ways of our Lord and bringing others to the hope and joy of salvation in Christ. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home