Totally Catholic Youth Ministers Lounge

Are you in youth ministry and you've had it with crazed parents? Rollin' your eyes at the pastoral council? Tired of administration work? Love youth? Love the Church? Appalled at parish politics? Looking for some good games? For a creative ways to teach a lesson for Religious Ed? Just need a place to veg out and say "phew! Someone outside of the parish to talk to!"? Grab y'r Starbucks, turn the computer away from the staff's eyes, grab a seat on a donated dusty couch and let it all go.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Finally!

A blog for Catholics who are in youth ministry! or youth formation. or have an apostalate for youth. And who unequivically love the Church and her teachings. Yes, I did say Her. As in God our Father, Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit, and the Church, the Bride.

Then again, I'm the only one here, so....dumdumdumdumdum.

In case you read this, I'm in youth ministry and cannot find a good place to discuss some of the unique challenges that come up in ministry. I get the Youth Specialties update all the time, and they have blog and articles and such-but many of their issues don't pertain to Catholic youth ministry. I mean, we are fine with using images but lately: Reformed Protestants No Longer See Images as Idolatrous [Christianity Today]. eh, y'know. That's SO old news to us.

So, I decided to create my own blog space. I hope I get it right. I hope you share with me! I hope this helps others who are in the field who are like me: love the Church, love the youth, get crazed over parish politics, have questions about policies with youth, Church teaching, how to evangelize, do the 8 Components of Youth Ministry, where to find the good stuff...a place to let your hair down and laugh at the insanity of what we do, get prayer support, ideas, how to deal with pastor problems, parent questions, maybe even a place to hold myself and other accountable. Whatever it is, I hope you find Christ the King, present in all we do and say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home